I’ve been able to rack up about 2,400 miles on bowtie6 so far. And, it has been a blast!! The frame is rock solid, and with the ECM tweaks the engine is so much more responsive. Yet we have been able to see 28mpg in city driving no less. Not too bad considering the tune is now more so towards performance rather than for economy and I’ve been really putting my foot into the electronic throttle pedal.
A few weeks ago, I found a vendor that makes an awesome coilpack cover for the Ecotec. You can see this in the above picture. Four screws with spacers hold the water-jet cut aluminium cover and very nicely hides the valley between the cams. Looks trick. I was thinking about unbolting the intake, cover and valve cover and perhaps having this all crinkle coated in black. Maybe later this year…
Along with the great news, there has been on unpleasant development: a bad wheel bearing on the new rear axle. It seems like we got hold of a crappy “foreign” made wheel bearing and it started making a racket last week. New ones have been sourced and I’ll be taking apart the axles this weekend. All good – the diff fluid needed to be changed after “break in” so this should be a fun Saturday.
I’ll have pictures and a full report once we get the new bearings installed.